Saturday, June 18, 2011

Week4 RSS

Week 4 shows how to easily access many blogs on topics of interest from one site. I was able to access 6 blog sites easily..which are now posting regular updates. I like the ease of accessing all the daily things I look up regularly.. they are now coming to me instead of my having to look for them.
Sites used: ABC News. Public Library Services.Powerhouse Museum. SM Herald.TV Guide. Library Bytes. Weather.
In a work situation many newsletters and daily up-dates between Branches (in our case) could come to me at one site. Libraries can take advantage of this technology by setting up "feeds"  and regularly up-date to pass information throughout the library "family" as is already being done in many cases.
Looking into the alia. blog and National LibraryBlogs which are well worth looking at as examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment